I got accepted for Google Summer of Code 2019 under CHAOSS: A linux foundation, for the project: “Support of Source Code Related Metrics”. I’ll be working towards adding Graal to the GrimoireLab toolchain in order to produce source code related metrics.
My mentors for the project will be: @valeriocos @jgbarah @aswanipranjal
# What would I be working on?
- I will mainly be focusing on:
- Adding support of source code related metrics to Grimoirelab with the help of analysis data produced by Graal.
- Adapting Grimoirelab toolchain to be able to execute Graal and process the data produced by it.
- Writing appropriate unit tests for additional backends, their corresponding supporting connectors, and methods.
- Producing analytics related to proposed and calculated metrics*.
- Adding documentation related to additional features and improvements in existing ones.
# What this is all about?
- This is me learning to manage a project, keeping track of the incremental process of development and documenting the work, which would later on (in the process) help to understand and explain things in a better way to newcomer or a community member.
- Also there will be some of the things that i’ll be learning throughout the process for the first time, will be following some guidelines, some of the best practices, which i’ll try and share.
# Community Bonding Period: Meeting
We had our 1st meeting for the community bonding period on Monday, 13th May 2019 at 14:00 CEST or 17:30 IST ; which was intended to answer the following questions:
How do we keep a track of what’s being worked on?
- One of my mentors (@aswanipranjal) for the project had shared an extensive list of guidelines (which i found really helpful) which included ideas such as maintaining a project-tracker repository which can work as a lab for experiment and a log for all the things that happens related to the project during the period. I liked the idea and I made one 😛 gsoc-graal
How do we keep the community aware of the same?
We have planned to keep all the communication open so that everyone can sync and is free to participate and help us grow! If you have suggestions / comments about anything please do not hesitate to share them with us.
We will be discussing about the progress of this project every week at the #grimoirelab channel on Freenode IRC.
There will be a weekly report added to the project tracker, which i’ll make sure to also post on the mailing lists of CHAOSS.
- I successfully completed my Google Summer of Code project with CHAOSS on 22nd August 2019
- All the project related information can be found in the project tracker.